- December 2009
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 20-25 minutes in the oven
An easy Yorkshire pudding recipe, perfect with roast beef. This recipe has a slightly unusual ingredient – a little sparkling water.
Take a look at our easy Yorkshire pudding recipe too, which have just four ingredients.
- 20g beef dripping or 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100ml full-fat milk
- 50ml sparkling water
- 115g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Put the dripping or oil into the holes of a 4-hole Yorkshire pudding tin or deep, 6-hole muffin tin and place in the oven for 5 minutes or until the fat or oil is really hot and smoking.
- Meanwhile, mix the milk and sparkling water in a jug. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Season the eggs with black pepper. Make a well in the centre of the flour, pour in the eggs and whisk, drawing in the flour as you go. Gradually whisk in the milk mixture, until you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter to a jug. Pour into the hot tin, filling each hole no more than three-quarters full. Cook, without opening the oven door, for 20-25 minutes or until risen, deep golden and crisp. Serve hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mustard Yorkshire puddings
Who can say no to a Yorkshire pudding? These have a little mustard for a...
Perfect Yorkshire puddings
A well-risen, golden and crisp Yorkshire pudding is the holy grail of the Sunday roast.