- December 2009
- Serves 6
- Takes 15 minutes to make and 20-25 minutes in the oven
An easy Yorkshire puddings recipe, perfect with roast beef. This recipe has a slightly unusual ingredient – a little sparkling water.
Take a look at our easy Yorkshire pudding recipe too, which have just four ingredients.
- 20g beef dripping or 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100ml full-fat milk
- 50ml sparkling water
- 115g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Put the dripping or oil into the holes of a 4-hole Yorkshire pudding tin or deep, 6-hole muffin tin and place in the oven for 5 minutes or until the fat or oil is really hot and smoking.
- Meanwhile, mix the milk and sparkling water in a jug. Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Season the eggs with black pepper. Make a well in the centre of the flour, pour in the eggs and whisk, drawing in the flour as you go. Gradually whisk in the milk mixture, until you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter to a jug. Pour into the hot tin, filling each hole no more than three-quarters full. Cook, without opening the oven door, for 20-25 minutes or until risen, deep golden and crisp. Serve hot.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mustard Yorkshire puddings
Who can say no to a Yorkshire pudding? These have a little mustard for a...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...