Easy Yorkshire puddings
- December 2009
- Makes 12
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 12-15 minutes to cook
Yorkshire puddings were quite possibly created to remind people that there are greater forces at work in the universe. These easy and foolproof puds go well with a big rib of beef. There are only four ingredients too.
For something a bit different, we also have a recipe for Yorkshire puddings made with sparkling water.
- 7.1g (1.7g saturated)
- 15.7g (1.4g sugars)
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil or beef dripping
- 225g plain flour, sifted
- 4 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 300ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Add the oil or dripping to a 12-hole patty tin and heat in the oven for 5-10 minutes until really hot.
- Sift the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Whisk the eggs and milk together and add slowly to the flour, whisking until smooth. Divide among the holes, then bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Mustard Yorkshire puddings
Who can say no to a Yorkshire pudding? These have a little mustard for a...
Thyme and mustard Yorkshire puddings
This variation on Yorkshire pudding batter is fantastic served with roast beef or pork, or...