- 200g cooking chorizo
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 stalks of trimmed sprouting broccoli
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 50ml double cream
- 50g grated gruyère
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and crumble the meat into a hot, lightly oiled frying pan. Fry over a medium heat until crisp, adding the garlic clove for the last 30-40 seconds (be careful it doesn’t burn).
- Blanch the sprouting broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Whisk the eggs, double cream and 50g grated gruyère. Season.
- Layer an ovenproof frying pan, greased with butter, with the sprouting broccoli. Pour over the egg mixture, scatter with chorizo and cook gently for 3-4 minutes until almost set. Finish off under the grill until golden, then serve.