- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 400-420g icing sugar, plus extra
- Few drops of peppermint flavouring or peppermint oil
- Pink and green food colourings (optional)
- In a large bowl, lightly beat the egg white. Add the lemon juice and gradually add the icing sugar, mixing, until you have a smooth, firm dough.
- Add the peppermint flavouring or oil to the dough and mix together. Divide into 2 and add a little pink colour to one and green to the other, if using. Knead until the colour is even. Wrap in cling film if you’re not using the dough immediately.
- Dust a work surface with a little icing sugar. Using a dusted rolling pin, roll the mixture out and use cutters to cut out shapes or letters. Leave to dry on a large, lined baking tray, then eat or wrap up ready for the children to take home.
- If you’re short on time, make the mixture before the kids arrive and keep it covered in cling film. You’ll need a selection of cutters – letters or shapes.