- 6 pork and herb sausages
- 150g frozen grilled mixed peppers
- 350g jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 100g quick-cook polenta
- 45g freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
- Parmesan or Grana Padano shavings, to sprinkle over
- Heat a wide, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the sausages, cut into chunky pieces, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, until browned.
- Stir in the peppers, the tomato and basil pasta sauce and some seasoning. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, until the peppers are tender and the sausages are cooked.
- Meanwhile, bring 450ml salted water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Tip in the polenta and cook over a low heat, stirring continuously, for 1 minute (or according to the pack instructions), until really thick and smooth.
- Stir in freshly grated Parmesan or Grana Padano and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Spoon onto plates along with the sausage mixture and serve with some Parmesan or Grana Padano shavings, to sprinkle over.