- 400g can or jar cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 300g jar good-quality tuna in
- olive oil, drained and flaked into large chunks
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Large handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small lemons
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed or grated
- 4 thick slices sourdough or rye bread
- 3 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- In a large bowl, mix together the beans, tuna, red onion, tomatoes and parsley.
- In another bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons oil, the juice of 1 lemon and the mustard and garlic. Season, pour over the tuna and beans and toss together well.
- Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Brush the bread on both sides with the remaining oil and griddle for 1 minute each side, until golden with charred lines.
- Spread 1 side with the tomato paste. Pile on the beans and tuna and serve with the remaining lemon, cut into wedges, to squeeze over.
- It's important to use good tuna in this dish.
- The tuna and cannellini beans would be great with a crisp Spanish rosé.