- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- ¾ tsp wasabi paste
- 6 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 450g piece good-quality salmon fillets, without skin
- 150g basmati and wild rice
- 150g pack mangetout, halved
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 20g pack fresh mint, leaves picked and finely chopped
- ½ tbsp poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5. Shake the soy sauce, wasabi, lime juice and sugar together in a clean jam jar. Set aside. Season the salmon, put on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked. Put in a snug-fitting shallow dish, pour over half the dressing and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the rice and simmer for 25 minutes, adding the mangetout for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain. Cool under cold running water and drain again.
- Tip the rice and mangetout into a large bowl, add the spring onions, mint, poppy seeds and remaining wasabi dressing and mix. Add the cooled salmon and its dressing, and mix gently. Season and serve.
- This recipe also works well with fresh tuna.