Thai-style chicken curry with basmati rice
- June 2013
- 2 Tesco Willow Farm skinless free-range chicken breast fillets, or similar, cut into chunks
- 180g Tesco Finest Coconut, Chilli & Lemongrass stir-fry sauce, or similar
- 250g Tesco Basmati Microwave Rice, or similar
- 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lime, plus 2 wedges for squeezing
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped, to garnish
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large wok over a medium-high heat, then add the chicken and cook until browned.
- Pour in the stir-fry sauce and bring to a simmer, then cook gently for 7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the fish sauce, lime juice and half the zest, then simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to the packet instructions. Serve the curry and rice in deep bowls, garnished with the remaining zest, the chopped chilli and the coriander leaves.
Next time, pour the stir-fry sauce over salmon fillets, then bake at 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4 for 15 minutes. Serve with noodles and beansprouts.
Rate & review