Avocado and feta cheeseburger
- August 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min
Our avocado and feta cheeseburger is the ideal quick bbq recipe for summer nights. Load the buns with lettuce, tomatoes and pickled onions. We’ve used our ultimate beef burgers as the base of the recipe, then the toppings really take over!
Fancy a vegetarian option? Our beetroot and feta burgers should do the trick.
- 54.7g (16.5g saturated)
- 32.6g (4.6g sugars)
- ½ portion delicious. ultimate beef burgers
- Veg oil for brushing
- 2 ripe avocados, roughly chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- Small bunch coriander, leaves finely chopped
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 burger buns, toasted
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 8 butterhead lettuce leaves
- 8 thick tomato slices
- Pickled red onions (see Know-how)
- 80g feta cheese
You’ll also need
- Griddle pan, barbecue or heavy-bottomed frying pan
- Heat a ridged griddle pan or prepare a barbecue for high direct heat. Brush the burgers with oil and cook for 6-8 minutes until cooked through and well browned.
- While the burgers are cooking, put the avocado in a small bowl and roughly mash with the lime juice, coriander, chilli flakes (if using) and a good pinch of salt.
- Spread each burger bun base with a dollop of mayonnaise and a good helping of the avocado mixture. Divide the lettuce and tomato and burger patties between the buns, then top with the rest of the avocado, a few pickled red onions and some crumbled feta. Pop the burger tops on and serve.
To make your own pickled red onions, slice 1 large red onion into very thin rounds (use a mandoline slicer if you have one), then toss them in a bowl with the juice of 2 limes and a good pinch of salt. Mix to combine, then set aside for several hours to marinate.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Cheeseburgers in toasted sesame buns
The better the beef the better the burger – these cheeseburger in sesame buns are...