Bacon and egg blinis
- December 2017
- Makes 24
- Hands-on time 10 min
These posh bacon and egg blinis use parma ham and quails eggs to recreate this classic combo – but with an elegant twist.
- 5.8g (1.2g saturated)
- 2.4g (0.3g sugars)
- 24 ready-made cocktail blinis
- 8 slices of parma ham
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2½ tsp dijon mustard
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 12 ready-cooked quails eggs
- Freshly snipped chives (to serve)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Warm the ready-made cocktail blinis in the oven for a few minutes, then set aside.
- Meanwhile lay out the parma ham on a baking sheet and crisp in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice and seasoning. Top each blini with a dollop of mayo mix, a few shards of the crispy parma ham and half a ready-cooked quail egg. Add a touch more mayo, grind over black pepper and sprinkle with freshly snipped chives to serve.
Rate & review