Basil and mozzarella focaccia fingers
- July 2007
- Serves 6
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 20-25 minutes to bake, plus rising and toasting
Give your barbecue a lift with these basil and mozzarella focaccia fingers. They’re easy to make and suitable for veggies too.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 14g (6.8g saturated)
- 30.9g (1.2g sugars)
- 290g pack pizza or bread dough mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 125g mozzarella balls, drained, dried and diced
- Handful shredded fresh basil leaves
- Plain flour, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Tip the dough mix into a large bowl along with the olive oil, half of the cheese and all the basil. Make up the dough according to the packet instructions, then knead on a floured surface for a good 5 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to make a 2cm-thick oval. Transfer to a baking tray and leave to rise for 15 minutes. Push the remaining cheese into the dough, then bake for 20-25 minutes, until risen and golden. Cool. Slice and toast on the barbecue to serve.
Focaccia normally has a soft crust. Once the bread comes out of the oven, cover with foil and leave to cool – the steam created softens the crust.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...