Mediterranean veg, pesto and goat’s cheese tarts
- February 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 10 mintues to make, 40-45 minutes to cook
This clever goat’s cheese tart recipe uses time-saving products, like ready-made puff pastry, to make midweek cooking a cinch.
- 400g pack Ready to Roast Mediterranean Vegetables, or similar
- 375g Ready Rolled Puff Pastry, or similar
- 4 tbsp Pesto alla Genovese, or similar
- 70g goat’s cheese with rind (such as Gevrik), cut into 4 rounds
- 50g sun-blush tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200ÁC/ fan180ÁC/gas 6. Roast the veg in their tin for 25 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile unroll the puff pastry and cut in half widthways. Trim each rectangle to measure 15cm x 20cm, then transfer to a lined baking sheet. Lightly score a 3cm border in each rectangle, prick the centre with a fork, then spread with the pesto.
- Put 2 goatäó»s cheese rounds on each tart. Toss the tomatoes with the roasted veg and some seasoning, then divide between the tarts. Cook for 15-20 minutes until the tomatoes are cooked and the pastry has risen. Serve topped with basil leaves.
Rate & review