Chicken marbella sandwich
- January 2022
- Serves 1
- Hands-on time 10 min
Rustle up a delicious meal for one in just 10 mins with our chicken marbella sandwich recipe. This healthy sarnie contains nuts and olives for plenty of texture and flavour.
Check out our ultimate club sandwich, too.
- 39.2g (7.9g saturated)
- 45.1g (14.8g sugars)
- 15-20g nuts (hazelnuts, pine nuts, pecans or almonds), larger nuts roughly chopped
- Large pinch fennel seeds
- 60g greek yogurt
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 25g pitted green olives, roughly chopped, plus a little olive brine if from a tin/jar
- 30g pitted prunes, roughly chopped
- 1/3 celery stick, thinly sliced
- 100g cooked chicken thigh or breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chilli (optional)
- Handful salad leaves
- 2 slices wholemeal, rye or seeded bread, lightly toasted if you like
- Heat a small frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the nuts and toast for 2-3 minutes, tossing the pan regularly, then tip out into a medium bowl. Toast the fennel seeds in the same pan for 1 minute, then roughly crush in a pestle and mortar (or bruise in the bottom of a teacup with a wooden spoon handle). Add to the toasted nuts, then mix in the yogurt.
- Gradually whisk the oil into the yogurt mixture, then loosen with a few drops of olive brine (or just use water). Fold the prunes, olives, celery, chicken and chilli (if using) into the dressing, then season with some salt.
- Pile the chicken mixture onto one slice of the bread/toast, then top with the salad leaves and the second slice. Cut in half and stack to serve.
Health credentials: Nuts, olives and olive oil are rich sources of healthy mono-saturated fats, while fennel seeds are good for digestion. Seeded sourdough or dark rye bread creates a filling meal with added fibre.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter