Chilli pesto-crumbed cod fillets with parmentier potatoes
- March 2013
- 400g Sainsbury’s parmentier potatoes, or similar
- 2 sustainably sourced cod loin fillets (about 150g each)
- 3 tbsp Sacla’s Fiery Chilli Pesto, or similar
You’ll also need…
- 4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- Small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Spread the potatoes in a baking tray, then cook for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, lay the cod loins on a clean work surface, season and spread over the chilli pesto. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the parsley, then scatter over the cod.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, then place the cod fillets on top. Drizzle with the oil, return the tray to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the fish is just flaking but still tender and the potatoes are crispy.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Next time cook the cod, then flake and stir through cooked pasta with the pesto and chopped broccoli. Top with breadcrumbs.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Home-salted cod fishcakes with salsa verde mayonnaise
Crisp, golden and served with a creamy salsa verde – this Debbie Major fishcake recipe...
Giorgio Locatelli’s cod, parsley sauce and lentils
We asked Giorgio Locatelli to share an Italian recipe to best show off the charms...
Friday night dinners
Quick baked cod with sweet potato, spinach and crème fraïche
Easy and ready in 30 minutes – this baked cod recipe comes served with sweet...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...