Chilli pesto-crumbed cod fillets with parmentier potatoes
- March 2013
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 45 minutes to cook
This easy chilli and pesto cod dish with potatoes uses short-cut ingredients to make the perfect midweek meal.
- 400g Sainsbury’s parmentier potatoes, or similar
- 2 sustainably sourced cod loin fillets (about 150g each)
- 3 tbsp Sacla’s Fiery Chilli Pesto, or similar
You’ll also need…
- 4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- Small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Spread the potatoes in a baking tray, then cook for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, lay the cod loins on a clean work surface, season and spread over the chilli pesto. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the parsley, then scatter over the cod.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, then place the cod fillets on top. Drizzle with the oil, return the tray to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the fish is just flaking but still tender and the potatoes are crispy.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Next time cook the cod, then flake and stir through cooked pasta with the pesto and chopped broccoli. Top with breadcrumbs.
Rate & review