Chilli pesto-crumbed cod fillets with parmentier potatoes
- March 2013
- 400g Sainsbury’s parmentier potatoes, or similar
- 2 sustainably sourced cod loin fillets (about 150g each)
- 3 tbsp Sacla’s Fiery Chilli Pesto, or similar
You’ll also need…
- 4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
- Small handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Spread the potatoes in a baking tray, then cook for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, lay the cod loins on a clean work surface, season and spread over the chilli pesto. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the parsley, then scatter over the cod.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, then place the cod fillets on top. Drizzle with the oil, return the tray to the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the fish is just flaking but still tender and the potatoes are crispy.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes. Serve with the lemon wedges.
Next time cook the cod, then flake and stir through cooked pasta with the pesto and chopped broccoli. Top with breadcrumbs.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Roasted cod with fennel, red onion and balsamic tomatoes
This simple, super-healthy roasted cod with fennel recipe is overflowing with rustic Italian flavours.
Giorgio Locatelli’s cod, parsley sauce and lentils
We asked Giorgio Locatelli to share an Italian recipe to best show off the charms...