Chocolate cherry knickerbocker glory
- August 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 10 minutes
Get a taste of this American classic dessert, chocolate cherry knickerbocker glory, that’s simple to make.
- 400g fresh cherries, stoned
- 75g caster sugar
- 500ml good-quality vanilla or raspberry ripple ice cream
- 4 Cadbury Flakes
- 4 tbsp chopped mixed nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp chocolate sprinkles or grated chocolate
- Place the stoned cherries and caster sugar in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the cherries are softened and the juice has thickened and is syrupy. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Place a spoonful of the cooled cherry mixture into 4 dessert dishes or serving glasses and place a scoop of ice cream on top. Cut each Flake in half and crumble 1 half over the ice cream in the dishes. Repeat with another layer of ice cream, then spoon over another tablespoon of the cherry mixture.
- Pop the remaining Flakes into the ice cream and serve sprinkled with chopped toasted mixed nuts and the chocolate sprinkles or grated chocolate.
A cherry stoner is invaluable for removing the stones and keeping the cherry whole. It’s a great gadget and a fun job for the children to do. Visit www.lakeland.co.uk to order.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Dark chocolate recipes
Banana, peanut and caramel chocolate ice cream sundae
Layers of chocolate truffle no-churn ice cream, caramelised bananas and slightly boozy peanut caramel make...