Chorizo, halloumi and tomato traybake
- August 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, grill time 15 min
An easy, one-pan traybake using spicy chorizo, salty halloumi and robust chickpeas. To make it a more filling meal, serve with flatbreads to soak up the juices.
And make sure you take a look at our fried halloumi with harissa and chickpeas too – another squeaky cheese winner.
- 26.1g (9.5g saturated)
- 19.5g (6g sugars)
- 120g halloumi
- 2 tsp ancho chilli paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 red onion, sliced into 12 wedges
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 120g padrón peppers
- 100g sliced cooking chorizo
- 400g tin of chickpeas
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Heat the grill to high. Cut the halloumi into 0.5cm slices and toss in a bowl with the ancho chilli paste and 2 tbsp olive oil until well coated. Leave to marinate.
- On a baking tray, toss together the onion, cherry tomatoes and padrón peppers, then scatter over the chorizo. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Grill on high for 10 minutes, then add the chickpeas, drained and rinsed, and the halloumi to the tray (reserve the marinade). Grill for a further 5 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- Finely grate the lemon zest and whisk with the lemon juice into the reserved marinade. Drizzle over the traybake to serve.
Serve the traybake with a pile of flatbreads or some crusty bread for
a more filling meal.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter