Creamy pork pasta with lemon, chilli and peas
- March 2005
- for 4 people
- Ready in 20 minutes
A simple supper = this creamy pork pasta with added lemon, chilli and peas is a great dish that’s quick, cheap and easy to make.
- Pack of 6 sausages
- 1 lemon
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 200g tub of half-fat crème fraîche
- 500g packet of pasta
- Couple of handfuls of frozen or fresh peas
- Parmesan, to serve
- Take the sausages and split the skins, squeezing the meat from each into a hot pan. Pan-fry, breaking up the meat, until golden and crispy in places.
- Add grated lemon zest, a good squeeze of lemon juice, dried chilli flakes and the tub of half-fat crème fraîche. Bubble away for 1 minute.
- Cook pasta according to the packet instructions and throw in the peas for the last few minutes. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Toss the pasta and peas with the sauce, thinning down with the cooking water as necessary.
- Serve with lots of freshly grated Parmesan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Savoy cabbage, macadamia and white bean fusilli
A quick, easy midweek vegetarian dinner recipe made with savoy cabbage, white beans and pasta.