Dark chocolate clusters with walnuts, cranberries and seeds
- October 2022
- Makes around 20
- Hands-on time 35 min, plus setting
These dark chocolate clusters are the perfect healthy snack to have with a cuppa or after a workout. The vegan chocolate bites are crammed with juicy cranberries, plus omega-3 rich nuts and seeds.
Next time, try our vegan chocolate chip oat bars.
- 6.1g (1.8g saturated)
- 8.4g (7g sugars)
- 2 tbsp golden flax seeds
- 40g walnut pieces
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 60g dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 160g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids), roughly chopped
- Toast the flax seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 3 minutes, shaking often, until lightly browned. Whizz to a powder in a spice grinder or mini food processor.
- In the same pan, toast the walnuts and all the seeds for 3 minutes, shaking the pan often, until they smell toasty. Roughly chop the nuts and seeds, then tip into a heatproof mixing bowl. Add the whizzed flax seeds, cranberries and a pinch of salt, then mix until evenly distributed.
- Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (don’t let the water touch the bowl) and allow to melt,stirring occasionally. Pour the melted chocolate over the seed mixture and stir until everything is coated.
- Line a tray with baking paper, then use a tablespoon to scoop mounds of the mixture onto it. Put in the fridge and leave to set for at least 2 hours. Transfer to an airtight container and eat within 3 days.
Make sure the dark chocolate doesn’t contain dairy if you want to keep the clusters vegan.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter