Devilled chicken skewers
- October 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 15 minutes to cook, plus marinating
This is a great devilled chicken recipe to spice chicken up; serve with pilau rice and naan bread for an Indian meal even better than a takeaway.
- 14.1g (2.2g saturated)
- 48g (10.4g sugar)
- 4 large free-range chicken breasts
- 4 mini naans or other flatbreads
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Natural yogurt and pilau rice to serve
For the spice paste
- 2 tsp English mustard powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp oil, plus extra to drizzle
- Cut the chicken into pieces and place in a large bowl. Mix the paste ingredients together and spoon over the chicken, stirring well to coat. Cover and marinate for 15 minutes. Thread the chicken onto metal skewers and season well.
- Preheat a griddle. Grill the chicken, turning, for 4 minutes until cooked through and sticky. Keep warm and squeeze over the juice of the lemon.
- Drizzle the breads with oil, then griddle for a minute on each side to warm through. Serve the naans or flatbreads with the chicken skewers, yogurt and warm pilau rice.
Rate & review