Dill houmous with green veg salad
- August 2010
- 300g runner beans, trimmed and sliced lengthways
- 125g asparagus tips
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 60g watercress
- ½ cucumber, cut into batons
- 30g walnuts, chopped
- Lightly steam or blanch the runner beans and asparagus tips for 2-3 minutes, then refresh under cold water, drain and set aside to cool.
- To make the houmous, put the rinsed chickpeas and garlic in a food processor and whizz until they are broken down. Add the tahini, 2 tbsp olive oil, half the lemon juice and 1 tbsp water, then whizz again until the houmous starts to look creamy. Add a little more water if required. Stir in the chopped dill and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss the runner beans, asparagus, watercress and cucumber with some seasoning and the remaining olive oil and lemon juice, then divide among four plates. Top with a dollop of houmous and serve sprinkled with chopped walnuts.
Make the houmous up to 2 days in advance and keep in the fridge until ready to use
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...