Dill-roasted salmon and new potatoes
- February 2008
- Serves 4 people
- Takes 5 minutes to make and 40 minutes to bake
This dill-roasted salmon and new potatoes makes an easy but rather smart one-pot supper. Try it using lightly smoked salmon fillets too.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 25g (4.3g saturated)
- 42.8g (12.1g sugar)
- 1kg baby new potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- Juice and grated zest of
- 1 orange
- Handful chopped fresh dill
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5. Put the potatoes in a large roasting tin with the olive oil and some sea salt. Roast for 15 minutes, then scatter over the onion and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7 and nestle the salmon fillets between the potatoes and onions. Drizzle over the orange juice and sprinkle with the orange zest, dill and a good grinding of black pepper.
- Roast for 8–10 minutes, until nicely browned and cooked through. Serve 1 fillet per person, with steamed or stir-fried greens.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
March seasonal recipes
Tray-roast salmon and vegetables with crème fraîche and crumbs
Midweek dinner couldn’t be any easier than combining breadcrumb-coated salmon fillets with slice potatoes, broccoli...