Tofu and cauliflower curry
- January 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, simmering time 15 min
Try this vegan tofu and cauliflower curry, made with mango purée for an extra fruity punch. It you’re not cooking for vegans, swap the tofu for prawns instead.
- 23.9g (8.4g saturated)
- 32.6g (24g sugars)
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 400g tofu, sliced into 2cm cubes
- 6 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 2 bruised lemongrass sticks
- 1 cauliflower, separated into florets plus reserved cauliflower leaves
- 450g tin of mango pulp
- 400ml light coconut milk
- 150g frozen peas
- Coconut yogurt and large handful of fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large heavy-based pan (one with a lid) over a medium heat. Add the tofu and fry until lightly golden on all sides. Add the red Thai curry paste and lemongrass sticks, then stir until the tofu is coated.
- Add the cauliflower florets (discard the woody outer green leaves but reserve the inner few layers of leaves), the mango pulp and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer, cover with the lid and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, then add the reserved cauliflower leaves and frozen peas. Simmer for 3-5 minutes until just tender, adding a splash of boiling water to loosen, if you like. Serve drizzled with coconut yogurt and a large handful of fresh coriander leaves.
If you’re not cooking for vegans, swap the tofu with raw sustainable king prawns. Add them with the Thai curry paste and coat them in it.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter