Gammon with mustard mash and parsley sauce
- February 2007
- 900g floury potatoes
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 100ml whole milk
- 25g pack white sauce mix
- 300ml whole milk
- 4 gammon steaks
- chopped fresh parsley
- Boil 900g floury potatoes, cut into chunks, for 15 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and mash with 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard, 100ml whole milk and some seasoning.
- Meanwhile, make up a 25g pack white sauce mix with 300ml whole milk and cook according to pack instructions. Stir in plenty of chopped fresh parsley and season. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Season 4 gammon steaks, brush with a little more mustard and grill for 2-3 minutes each side, until just cooked.
- Divide the mash and gammon between plates and pour over the parsley sauce. Serve with peas.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Gammon steaks with creamy parsley sauce and root veg mash
This gammon recipe is a cheap eat, but it needn’t be boring thanks to the...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...