Gammon with mustard mash and parsley sauce
- February 2007
- 900g floury potatoes
- 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
- 100ml whole milk
- 25g pack white sauce mix
- 300ml whole milk
- 4 gammon steaks
- chopped fresh parsley
- Boil 900g floury potatoes, cut into chunks, for 15 minutes, until tender.
- Drain and mash with 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard, 100ml whole milk and some seasoning.
- Meanwhile, make up a 25g pack white sauce mix with 300ml whole milk and cook according to pack instructions. Stir in plenty of chopped fresh parsley and season. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Season 4 gammon steaks, brush with a little more mustard and grill for 2-3 minutes each side, until just cooked.
- Divide the mash and gammon between plates and pour over the parsley sauce. Serve with peas.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Gammon steaks with creamy parsley sauce and root veg mash
This gammon recipe is a cheap eat, but it needn’t be boring thanks to the...