Garlic and parsley roast chicken with crunchy purple sprouting broccoli
- March 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30 min
Easy-to-make and packed full of flavour – this chicken thigh tray-bake recipe is an effortless dinner for two.
Or, if you prefer your broccoli on the side, take a look at our purple sprouting broccoli gratin recipe.
- 34.9g fat (14.2g saturated)
- 12.8g (4.3g sugars)
- 40g softened unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Half a small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 free-range skin-on chicken thighs
- 350g purple sprouting broccoli
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 20g fresh breadcrumbs
- zest of ½ lemon
- Buttered new potatoes, steamed rice or pasta (optional)
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. In a small bowl, combine the butter with the garlic and the parsley. Season well.
- Take the chicken thighs, loosen the skin a bit on each one and work some of the butter mix under, rubbing any leftover butter on top. Season well, then put in a roasting tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, trim the broccoli and toss with 1tbsp of the olive oil and salt and pepper in a baking tray, then roast for 10 minutes.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the lemon zest and rest of the olive oil. Scatter over the broccoli and roast for 3 minutes more. Serve the roast chicken and broccoli with buttered new potatoes, steamed rice or pasta.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter