Garlic and parsley roast chicken with crunchy purple sprouting broccoli
- March 2017
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 30 min
Easy-to-make and packed full of flavour – this chicken thigh tray-bake recipe is an effortless dinner for two.
Or, if you prefer your broccoli on the side, take a look at our purple sprouting broccoli gratin recipe.
- 34.9g fat (14.2g saturated)
- 12.8g (4.3g sugars)
- 40g softened unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Half a small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 free-range skin-on chicken thighs
- 350g purple sprouting broccoli
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 20g fresh breadcrumbs
- zest of ½ lemon
- Buttered new potatoes, steamed rice or pasta (optional)
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. In a small bowl, combine the butter with the garlic and the parsley. Season well.
- Take the chicken thighs, loosen the skin a bit on each one and work some of the butter mix under, rubbing any leftover butter on top. Season well, then put in a roasting tray and roast for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, trim the broccoli and toss with 1tbsp of the olive oil and salt and pepper in a baking tray, then roast for 10 minutes.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the lemon zest and rest of the olive oil. Scatter over the broccoli and roast for 3 minutes more. Serve the roast chicken and broccoli with buttered new potatoes, steamed rice or pasta.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...