Roast chicken thighs with new potatoes and greens
- November 2019
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 45-50 min
An easy, no-fuss dinner that you can make in one tray, this healthy recipe combines crispy chicken thighs, new potatoes and winter veg. If you like, it’s great with a little gravy, too.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 7.8g (1.9g saturated)
- 16g (3.5g sugars)
- 500g new potatoes, halved if large
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 free-range skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 150g kale, shredded
- 200ml good-quality chicken stock
- 1-2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- A few fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the potatoes, onion,
leek and garlic with the oil in a large roasting tin. Top with the chicken, then season with a little salt and plenty of black pepper. Roast for 40 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, remove the tin from the oven and stir in the kale, then pour in the stock. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until the chicken and potatoes are cooked and golden.
- Add the vinegar to the tin and mix with the cooking juices for an easy gravy. Taste and season. Sprinkle with thyme, if you like.
Brush the chicken and potatoes with some oil if you like the skin crispy.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pearl barley recipes
Cider-braised chicken thighs with pearl barley, bacon, carrots and peas
September sees the ripening and falling of cider apples. Here Debbie Major shares her traditionally...