Roast chicken thighs with new potatoes and greens
- November 2019
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 45-50 min
An easy, no-fuss dinner that you can make in one tray, this healthy recipe combines crispy chicken thighs, new potatoes and winter veg. If you like, it’s great with a little gravy, too.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 7.8g (1.9g saturated)
- 16g (3.5g sugars)
- 500g new potatoes, halved if large
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 free-range skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 150g kale, shredded
- 200ml good-quality chicken stock
- 1-2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- A few fresh thyme sprigs (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the potatoes, onion,
leek and garlic with the oil in a large roasting tin. Top with the chicken, then season with a little salt and plenty of black pepper. Roast for 40 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, remove the tin from the oven and stir in the kale, then pour in the stock. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes until the chicken and potatoes are cooked and golden.
- Add the vinegar to the tin and mix with the cooking juices for an easy gravy. Taste and season. Sprinkle with thyme, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pearl barley recipes
Cider-braised chicken thighs with pearl barley, bacon, carrots and peas
September sees the ripening and falling of cider apples. Here Debbie Major shares her traditionally...