Goat’s cheese and red pepper tart with chicory
- December 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
You don’t need to stick to this goat’s cheese and red pepper tart recipe, you can put odds and ends from the fridge into it or try different cheeses, pesto and Mediterranean veg.
And if you like this, you might also like this artichoke and goat’s cheese pesto tart, too.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 47.5g (17.2g saturated)
- 43.2g (6.3g sugar)
- 1 x 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 4 tbsp caramelised red onion chutney
- 100g flame-roasted red peppers, drained and sliced (we like Gaea, from major supermarkets)
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- ½ large head of chicory, leaves separated and sliced
- 100g goat’s cheese with rind, crumbled
- Milk, to glaze
For the chicory salad
- 1½ heads of chicory, leaves separated
- 50g walnut pieces
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 220°c/fan200°c/gas 7. Unroll the pastry onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Score a 2cm border around the edge using a sharp knife, making sure not to cut through the pastry.
- Spread the chutney evenly over the pastry inside the border, then top with the peppers, capers, thyme, sliced chicory leaves and goat’s cheese. Season with black pepper, brush the edges of the pastry with milk and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden and risen.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chicory salad. Place the chicory leaves in a shallow bowl. Put the walnut pieces, oil, white wine vinegar and mustard in a jam jar with a little seasoning and shake until well combined.
- Once the tart is cooked, drizzle the dressing over the chicory leaves, and serve the tart and salad immediately.
The tart filling would make a great pasta dish. Cook 400g pasta and stir through the filling ingredients, but swap the red onion chutney for a dollop of sun-dried tomato pesto.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...