Camembert, goat’s cheese and tomato tart
- June 2010
- Serves 6
- Takes 20 min to make, 55 min to cook
Freeze this cheesy tart then take it out to defrost for an impromptu picnic, or warm it through for lunch.
- 26.4g (11.8g saturated)
- 26.8g (3.1g sugar)
- 400g shortcrust pastry
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 1 heaped tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 ripe vine tomatoes, sliced
- 130g ripe vegetarian Camembert, sliced
- 130g soft goat’s cheese log, sliced
- 1 large free-range egg and
- 1 egg yolk
- 50ml crème fraîche
- Small handful fresh rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
- Preheat a baking sheet in the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Roll out the shortcrust pastry on a lightly floured work surface and use it to line a 23cm round loose-bottomed tart tin. Prick the base all over with a fork and chill for 20 minutes. Line with baking paper and baking beans or rice, and cook on the preheated baking sheet for 12 minutes, then remove the paper and beans/rice and return to the oven for 5 minutes until golden and crisp. Reduce the temperature to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4.
- Spread the mustard over the base of the tart, then layer over the tomatoes, Camembert and goat’s cheese. In a jug, whisk the egg, yolk and crème fraîche together, stir in half the roughly chopped rosemary leaves, season well and pour evenly over the tart. Sprinkle with the remaining rosemary.
- Carefully transfer the tart to the oven, on the baking sheet, and cook for 40 minutes until just set and golden. Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin. Allow to cool completely.
- Wrap well in cling film, then foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost thoroughly before serving cold or covering and warming through in the oven, if you wish.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Broad bean recipes
Broad bean, goat’s cheese and SunBlush tomato tarts
This broad bean, goat’s cheese and SunBlush tomato tart recipe...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter