Individual summer puddings
- August 2009
- 500g mixed berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, redcurrants, blackberries and strawberries, chopped if large
- 75g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp crème de framboise or sweetened cranberry juice
- 16 x 1cm thick slices brioche
- Single cream, to serve
- Place the berries in a pan with the sugar and liqueur or cranberry juice. Heat gently until the fruits start to release their juices. Remove from the pan and tip into a sieve over a bowl to collect the juices.
- With a 9cm round cutter, cut out 8 discs from the brioche. Dip into the drained juices and press 4 of the soaked brioche circles into the bottom of 4 x 200ml ramekins.
- Cut strips from the remaining brioche slices, dip in the juices and use to line the sides of the ramekins. Divide the berries between them and fit the 4 remaining brioche circles (soaked in juice) as lids on top. Cover loosely with cling film and stack, placing a small plate on top. Chill for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- To serve, run a knife around the inside of the ramekins and tip out the puddings carefully onto plates. Drizzle with any leftover berry juices and serve with single cream.
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...