Italian turkey club sandwich
- July 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Fuel up at lunchtime with this delicious and classic club sandwich. The pesto and crème fraîche combination is creamy and insanely tasty.
- 19.6g (7.6g saturated)
- 47g (6.5g sugars)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 turkey breast steaks
- 3 tbsp fresh red or green pesto
- 200g carton half-fat crème fraîche
- 1 baguette, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 ripe, plum tomatoes, sliced
- Small bag baby leaf salad
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a griddle pan. Season the turkey and cook over a medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning, until lightly charred and cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, lightly mix the pesto into the crème fraîche and season to taste. Split each baguette piece in half lengthways, to give 8 halves. Brush the cut-side with the remaining oil, then griddle or toast under a hot grill in batches until golden.
- Assemble the sandwiches. Spread a little pesto and crème fraîche sauce on 4 baguette halves, then top with sliced tomatoes. Top with a turkey breast, add a handful of salad leaves and another spoonful of the pesto and crème fraîche sauce. Top each sandwich and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...