Lemon roast chicken with peppers
- December 2008
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 min to make and 30-35 min to cook
Lemon roast chicken with peppers is an easy midweek meal that’s also fancy enough for entertaining. Joint a chicken or use a packet of thighs and drumsticks.
- 20.1g (5g saturated)
- 6.4g (4.8g sugar)
- 1.8-2kg free-range chicken, jointed into 8 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated but not peeled
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Splash of white wine
- 100ml chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put a 1.8-2kg whole free-range chicken, jointed into 8 pieces, in a large roasting tin with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated but not peeled, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced, the zest and juice of 1 lemon and 2 fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Add a splash of white wine and 100ml chicken stock, season and roast for 30-35 minutes, until cooked.
- Set aside 110g chicken meat for the tart and serve the rest with mash and steamed greens.
Using a whole chicken and jointing it into eight pieces (see the Know How section of this website) is much more cost-effective than buying the pieces separately, and you get a lot more flavour than from chicken breast alone.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian chicken recipes
Roast chicken thighs stuffed with gorgonzola piccante, chilli and herbs
Trade in your Sunday roast for these Italian-inspired gorgonzola stuffed...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter