Lemon roast chicken with peppers
- December 2008
- 1.8-2kg free-range chicken, jointed into 8 pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated but not peeled
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Splash of white wine
- 100ml chicken stock
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Put a 1.8-2kg whole free-range chicken, jointed into 8 pieces, in a large roasting tin with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated but not peeled, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced, the zest and juice of 1 lemon and 2 fresh rosemary sprigs.
- Add a splash of white wine and 100ml chicken stock, season and roast for 30-35 minutes, until cooked.
- Set aside 110g chicken meat for the tart and serve the rest with mash and steamed greens.
Using a whole chicken and jointing it into eight pieces (see the Know How section of this website) is much more cost-effective than buying the pieces separately, and you get a lot more flavour than from chicken breast alone.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Italian chicken recipes
Roast chicken thighs stuffed with gorgonzola piccante, chilli and herbs
Trade in your Sunday roast for these Italian-inspired gorgonzola stuffed chicken thighs. This easy-to-make dinner...
Easy lemon and herb chicken
This herby recipe only dirties one pan, so it’s perfect for mid-week dinners when you...