Limoncello syllabub with lemon sugar
- January 2005
- for 10 people
- Ready in 15 min
Want a no-cook pud? This is a boozier twist on a more classic lemon syllabub, with a slug of citrusy limoncello, topped with lemon sugar. It’s such an easy no-cook dessert – and only has a handful of ingredients.
And if you fancy it, you could even make your own limoncello.
- 15.6g (9.7g saturated)
- 8.8g (8.8g sugar)
- trace salt
- 125g raspberries
- 50ml limoncello, plus extra
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 284ml carton double cream
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Divide the raspberries between 10 shot glasses, topping each with a little of the extra limoncello.
- Grind the lemon zest with 3 tablespoons of the caster sugar in a mortar and pestle until fine.
- In a large bowl, whip the cream with 50ml limoncello until soft peaks form. Add half the zest mixture and the remaining sugar, then fold in with the yogurt. Spoon the cream over the raspberries and sprinkle with remaining lemon sugar to serve.
Limoncello is an Italian lemon liqueur best served straight from the freezer. Find it in off licences, Italian delis and some larger supermarkets.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter