Maple, parmesan and rosemary sweet potato chips
- April 2016
- Serves 4 as a side or snack
- Hands on time 5 min, oven time 30-35 min
Sweet potato chips flavoured with maple, rosemary and a generous amount of parmesan make the perfect side to griddled steak.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 3 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- sea salt
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 snipped rosemary sprigs
- a generous amount of grated parmesan, or vegetarian alternative
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Slice the sweet potatoes into long thin chips (no need to peel). Toss them in 2 large non-stick roasting tins (the biggest you have) with the olive oil and cornflour, splitting it between the tins. Scatter with sea salt and roast for 20 minutes.
- Drizzle over the maple syrup and scatter over the snipped rosemary, then return to the oven for 10 minutes. Grate over a generous amount of parmesan or vegetarian alternative, then cook for another 10-15 minutes, turning the chips occasionally. When caramelised, crisp and fragrant, scatter with more sea salt and serve immediately with griddled steaks or as a snack.
Rate & review