Mascarpone, prosciutto and rocket pizza
- May 2007
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 40 min, oven time 12-15 min, plus proving
A quick and easy recipe that captures the heady flavours of Italy – mascarpone, prosciutto and rocket – on one pizza.
- 24.7g (12.1g saturated)
- 52.4g (3.7g sugar)
- 375g organic plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing and drizzling
- 6 tbsp passata
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 6 tbsp mascarpone
- 250g bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls)
- 12 thin prosciutto slices
- 24 black olives
- 75g wild rocket
- Small handful fresh basil leaves
- Make the dough. Put the flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl and gradually mix in 225ml lukewarm water and the oil, until the dough is manageable but not too sticky.
- Tip onto a floured work surface and knead for 10 min until smooth and stretchy. Put into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- About 30 min before you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 230°C/fan210°C/gas 8. Knead the dough for a few min, cut into 6 and cover with cloth. Roll each piece – first with a rolling pin, then your fingers – to a rough 20cm circle with a rim. Put on oiled baking sheets.
- Spread 1 tablespoon passata over each base. Arrange the tomato on top and dot over the mascarpone and bocconcini. Bake for 12-15 min.
- Arrange 2 prosciutto slices on each pizza and top with olives, rocket and basil. Drizzle with oil and season with pepper to serve.
Rate & review