Mascarpone, prosciutto and rocket pizza
- May 2007
- Serves 6
- Hands-on time 40 min, oven time 12-15 min, plus proving
A quick and easy recipe that captures the heady flavours of Italy – mascarpone, prosciutto and rocket – on one pizza.
- 24.7g (12.1g saturated)
- 52.4g (3.7g sugar)
- 375g organic plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 7g sachet fast-action dried yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing and drizzling
- 6 tbsp passata
- 3 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 6 tbsp mascarpone
- 250g bocconcini (mini mozzarella balls)
- 12 thin prosciutto slices
- 24 black olives
- 75g wild rocket
- Small handful fresh basil leaves
- Make the dough. Put the flour, yeast and salt in a large bowl and gradually mix in 225ml lukewarm water and the oil, until the dough is manageable but not too sticky.
- Tip onto a floured work surface and knead for 10 min until smooth and stretchy. Put into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film. Leave in a warm place for 1 hour, until doubled in size.
- About 30 min before you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 230°C/fan210°C/gas 8. Knead the dough for a few min, cut into 6 and cover with cloth. Roll each piece – first with a rolling pin, then your fingers – to a rough 20cm circle with a rim. Put on oiled baking sheets.
- Spread 1 tablespoon passata over each base. Arrange the tomato on top and dot over the mascarpone and bocconcini. Bake for 12-15 min.
- Arrange 2 prosciutto slices on each pizza and top with olives, rocket and basil. Drizzle with oil and season with pepper to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...