Meatballs with creamy polenta
- May 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 5 mins, on the hob 15 min
Super comforting and easy to prepare, meatballs and creamy polenta are a great family meal. You could also mix the meatballs and sauce with spaghetti.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 ready-made lamb meatballs
- 400ml passata
- 120g pack concentrated onion, garlic and chilli sauce
- 1 litre of water or vegetable stock
- 200g instant polenta
- 75g Parmesan or Grana Padano, grated
- Fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Season the lamb meatballs, add to the pan, and fry until browned all over. Pour off any excess fat and stir through the passata and sauce. Bring to a simmer and bubble for 5 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 litre of water or vegetable stock to the boil in a saucepan. Pour the polenta into the water or stock and whisk briskly for 1 minute, or as directed in the packet instructions, until thickened. Remove from the heat, stir in Parmesan or Grana Padano and season.
- Spoon among plates, pour the meatballs and sauce over the top, and garnish with fresh coriander leaves, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...