Mediterranean summer roasted vegetables
- June 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 45 min
Enjoy flavours of the Mediterranean with this one-pan vegetarian recipe – serve as a light dinner or a side dish.
If you love full-of-sunshine recipes, like this, take a look at lots more of our Mediterranean recipes.
- 24.6g (7.9g saturated)
- 37.8g (16.2g sugars)
- 1 onion, chopped through the root into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 aubergines, cut into 2cm pieces
- 500g courgettes, cut into 1cm slices
- 3 red peppers, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 120g rindless goat’s cheese, roughly crumbled
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Crusty bread and a handful fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the onion, garlic, aubergines, courgettes, red peppers and tomatoes into 2 large roasting dishes. Drizzle over 4 tbsp oil, season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. Roast for 40 minutes.
- Stir the cannellini beans into the roasted veg, then roast for 5 minutes more. Scatter the crumbled goat’s cheese over the top, then drizzle over the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and the balsamic vinegar at the table. Sprinkle with the fresh basil leaves, then serve with hunks of good quality crusty bread.
Double the ingredients and, when cool, freeze in a sealed plastic container or freezer bag for up to 1 month. Defrost the stew overnight in the fridge and gently rewarm in a saucepan on the hob.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy salad recipes
Lentil and roasted vegetable salad with buttermilk dressing
Make the most of seasonal spring produce in a hearty...
Halloumi and roasted veg kebabs with basil spaghetti
This halloumi and roasted veg kebab recipe makes the perfect...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter