Mini smoked haddock and prawn fish pies
- August 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 25 min, plus salting
We’ve used ready-made béchamel sauce in this British classic to keep the cooking time to a minimum. Serve these mini smoked haddock and prawn fish pies in four individual dishes or cook in one big dish to cut down on washing up too!
- 24.5g (10g saturated)
- 21g (4g sugars)
- 250g skinless salmon fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- Rock salt for salting
- ½ small bunch fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 500g ready-made béchamel sauce (we used Seeds of Change White Pasta Sauce)
- 225g skinless smoked haddock, cut into 3cm pieces
- 200g large sustainable raw prawns, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch ground nutmeg 450g ready-made mashed potato
- 50g mature cheddar, grated
You’ll also need…
- 4 x 325ml pie dishes
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put the salmon on a plate and sprinkle with rock salt, then cover and chill for 20 minutes. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix all the ingredients, apart from the mashed potato and cheese, with a generous pinch of black pepper until well combined. Spoon the mixture evenly into the pie dishes, then cover each one with a quarter of the mashed potato. Drag a fork across the top to create lines if you like, then scatter the cheese over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until he filling is bubbling and the peaks of the potato are lightly golden and crisp.
You can use any fish you like, or use fish pie mix to save time. Salting the salmon (step 1) stops the sauce becoming watery. If you don’t have 4 mini pie dishes use a large 1.3 litre ovenproof dish.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Fish pie recipes
Caper, lemon and dill fish pie with puff pastry top
Capers give the seafood filling a natural saltiness and the buttery, melt in the mouth...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...