Moroccan chicken and potato salad
- August 2005
- Serves 6
- Takes 25 minutes to make
This chicken and potato salad is an easy Moroccan-inspired dish that’s great for picnics and barbecues. Find plenty of potato salad inspiration in our recipe collection.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 12.4g (2g saturated)
- 22.2g (3.2g sugars)
- 750g waxy new potatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 2 x 238g packs mini chicken breast fillets
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until just tender. Drain well and quarter each potato. Put into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons oil, the mint, chillies and seasoning. Pour over the potatoes, then cool. Add the onions and put into a large Tupperware box.
- Mix the remaining oil with the paprika. Put into a small Tupperware box, add the chicken and mix well. Put both boxes into a cool box.
- At the beach, or at home, light the barbecue, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Barbecue the chicken for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, until tender. Toss the chicken with the potato salad and serve.
You can cook the chicken under a grill. Put on a foil-lined tray and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until tender.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...