Moroccan chicken and potato salad
- August 2005
- Serves 6
- Takes 25 minutes to make
This chicken and potato salad is an easy Moroccan-inspired dish that’s great for picnics and barbecues. Find plenty of potato salad inspiration in our recipe collection.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 12.4g (2g saturated)
- 22.2g (3.2g sugars)
- 750g waxy new potatoes
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Bunch of spring onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 2 x 238g packs mini chicken breast fillets
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 12-15 minutes until just tender. Drain well and quarter each potato. Put into a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, 4 tablespoons oil, the mint, chillies and seasoning. Pour over the potatoes, then cool. Add the onions and put into a large Tupperware box.
- Mix the remaining oil with the paprika. Put into a small Tupperware box, add the chicken and mix well. Put both boxes into a cool box.
- At the beach, or at home, light the barbecue, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Barbecue the chicken for 8-10 minutes, turning halfway, until tender. Toss the chicken with the potato salad and serve.
You can cook the chicken under a grill. Put on a foil-lined tray and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning once, until tender.
Rate & review