Nut roast with roasted mixed vegetables
- February 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in 1¼ hours
With artichokes and sweet potatoes this mixed vegetable nut roast makes the perfect vegetarian Sunday lunch dish.
Put together a meat-free Christmas dinner with our vegetarian Christmas recipes.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 26g (4g saturated)
- 67.4g (19.3g sugar)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 100g mixed white nuts, such as pine nuts, almonds, macadamia and brazil, ground in a processor
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Grated zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 50g fresh white or brown breadcrumbs
- 400g can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed well and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage, plus 4 extra leaves
- 1 egg white
- 800g sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 leeks, cut into chunks and washed
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/ fan180°C/gas 6. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan and gently fry the onion for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until softened but not browned. Add the nuts, garlic, lemon zest and juice, breadcrumbs and artichokes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add the sage and egg white. Stir to mix well.
- Tip the mixture into the centre of a large sheet of baking paper and shape into a fat sausage, packing tightly. Scatter over 4 sage leaves, then wrap it tightly in the paper and put into a roasting tin. Put the prepared vegetables around the parcel and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then unwrap the paper on the nut roast, so it can brown in the oven. Turn the vegetables and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...