Pancetta, couscous and feta-stuffed portobello mushrooms
- February 2012
- Serves 2
- Takes 5 minutes to make, 20 minutes to cook
This clever stuffed mushroom recipe uses time-saving products to make midweek cooking a cinch.
- 7 Tesco Finest Oak Smoked Pancetta Rashers, roughly chopped, or similar
- 110g Tesco Lemon and Coriander Couscous, or similar
- 2 sprigs each of fresh rosemary and thyme, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 150g pack Tesco Feta Cubes with Herbs and Olive Oil, or similar
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 25g rocket to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Heat a non-stick pan over a medium heat and fry the pancetta for 5 minutes until crispy, then set aside.
- Meanwhile cook the couscous according to the packet instructions. Stir the herbs, feta (reserving the marinade) and cooked pancetta through the couscous, then season to taste.
- Put the mushrooms, cap-side down, on a lined baking tray, cut the stalk out of each one and discard. Drizzle with a little of the reserved feta marinade and divide the couscous and feta mix between them (don’t worry if you can’t get it all in, see tip below).
- Drizzle with a little more of the feta marinade, then cook for 12-15 minutes until the couscous is golden and the mushrooms are soft. Serve 2 mushrooms per person and put a handful of rocket on the side.
Keep any leftover couscous mix in the fridge and enjoy the next day with a salad for lunch.
Rate & review