Persian-style herby citrus mackerel salad
- February 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 25 min
This light and flavoursome mackerel salad uses fresh herbs, zesty oranges and sweet pomegranate molasses in a stunning weeknight meal that is ready in under half an hour.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 32.3g (5.3g saturated)
- 23.4g (13.4g sugars)
- 50g couscous
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp za’atar
- ½ crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150g chopped spinach
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 2 segmented oranges
- Large bunch of chopped fresh parsley
- Large bunch of chopped fresh coriander
- 50g chopped walnuts in a pan
- 240g pack of peppered smoked mackerel fillets
- Put 50g couscous in a bowl, pour over 100ml boiling water, then cover with cling film. Leave for 5 minutes, then fork through. In a small bowl, mix the juice and zest of 1 orange, 1 tsp za’atar , ½ crushed garlic clove and 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses. Whisk in 3 tbsp olive oil and season to taste.
- In a bowl, mix 150g chopped spinach, 100g pomegranate seeds, 2 segmented oranges, a large bunch of chopped fresh parsley and a large bunch of chopped fresh coriander. Lightly toast 50g chopped walnuts in a pan. Cool, then stir into the salad with the couscous. Toss with the dressing, divide among 4 plates, then top each with a fillet from a 240g pack of peppered smoked mackerel fillets.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Grilled mackerel salad with miso dressing
This grilled mackerel salad with miso dressing makes a lovely light lunch. Serve it on...