Pork satay with gem lettuce and rice noodles
- July 2013
- 2 Waitrose free-range pork loin steaks, sliced, or similar
- 170g Amoy Peanut Satay Sticky Glaze (from Waitrose), or similar
- 100g Essential Waitrose ready-cooked rice noodles, or similar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 6-8 little gem lettuce leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped peanuts to serve
- 1 chopped red chilli to serve
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped, to serve
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves to serve
- Put the pork in a bowl and coat in the satay glaze.
- Heat the oil in a wok or sauté pan over a medium-high heat and add the pork. Fry for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and sticky, adding a little water if the pork catches on the pan. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, blanch the noodles for 2 minutes in a bowl of boiling water, then rinse in cold water and drain.
- Lay the little gem leaves on a plate. For each leaf, wrap a tablespoon of the noodles around your finger, then put on one half of the leaf. Nestle in a few slices of sticky pork, then top with some chopped peanuts, chilli, cucumber and a little coriander
Rate & review
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...