Pork schnitzel sandwiches with parmesan mayo
- January 2023
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 25 min
Take crisp, golden pork schnitzel, sprinkle with parmesan, then slather with parmesan mayo and stuff into ciabatta. Sandwich heaven!
Next time: try our pork schnitzel with new potatoes and fennel salad
- 51.2g (8.5g saturated)
- 73g (4.1g sugars)
- 2 pork loin steaks
- 30g plain flour
- 2 medium free-range eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt
- 75g panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil to shallow fry
- 15g parmesan, finely grated
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- 2 handfuls rocket
For the parmesan mayo
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp finely grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- Trim the fat from the pork loins, then put them on a sheet of baking paper. Put another sheet of baking paper on top, then bash them with a rolling pin until evenly flattened out. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Put the flour in a wide shallow dish, then eggs in another and the breadcrumbs on a third. Coat the schnitzels in the flour, then egg, then the breadcrumbs, patting them down to ensure they are fully coated. Dip in the egg and breadcrumbs a second time for an extra crispy crust.
- Put a large frying pan over a medium heat and add a good glug of vegetable oil – it should completely cover the base of the pan and be at least 2mm deep. Once shimmering hot, carefully lay the schnitzels flat (if there isn’t enough room, cook them one at a time) and fry for 2 minutes on each side until crisp and golden. Drain them on kitchen paper, sprinkling the cheese over each side as you do so – it will melt onto the crumbs creating a crispy, cheesy crust.
- Halve the ciabatta and put them cut-side down in the pan to quickly toast. Mix the mayonnaise with the parmesan and capers then spread over the toasted buns. Add a handful of rocket to each, then top with the cooked schnitzels and eat immediately
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pork schnitzels with apple and red cabbage sauerkraut
This traditional German recipe of pork schnitzels with sauerkraut makes...
Dinner ideas for two
Tom Kerridge’s pork schnitzel with ‘executive’ fried duck egg
Tom Kerridge knows how to make mouthwatering food. This schnitzel...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter