Prawn nasi goreng
- September 2006
- 3 medium eggs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 3 tbsp medium-hot curry paste
- 600g ready-to-heat pilau rice
- 300g cooked and peeled small prawns
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- Good handful chopped fresh coriander
- Beat the eggs and season to taste. Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a deep, wide non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add half the eggs in a thin layer and cook for a few minutes, until set and golden. Tip out, roll up, cool, then slice. Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan and cook the remaining eggs as before.
- Fry the shallots in 1cm vegetable oil in the pan for 5 minutes, until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Discard the oil and wipe the pan clean.
- Heat another 2 tablespoons oil in the pan, add the curry paste and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the pilau rice and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the sliced egg, crispy shallots, cucumber and coriander to the pan. Toss well. Divide between wide bowls and serve.
Rate & review