- March 2016
- Makes 200g (enough for 6 portions of pasta)
- Hands-on time 10 min
There’s nothing better than homemade pesto and this recipe, made with anchovies and capers, is perfect with pasta or served as a dip.
- 11.8g (2.7g saturated)
- 0.7g (0.2g sugars)
- a large handful of fresh basil
- a large handful of fresh flatleaf parsley
- 40g roughly chopped parmesan
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp rinsed, drained capers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 80ml good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- lemon juice to taste (we used ½ a lemon)
- In a mini chopper or food processor, whizz the basil, flatleaf parsley, parmesan, anchovy fillets, capers and garlic until you have a rough paste. Add the salt and extra-virgin olive oil then whizz again until combined.
- Taste, season if it needs it and add lemon juice to taste.
Homemade pesto is a smart thing to have in your fridge because of its versatility: stir it into pasta or gnocchi, use it as a topping for crostini with crumbled feta or dollop it over steak.
Keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for up to a month.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter