- March 2016
- Makes 200g (enough for 6 portions of pasta)
- Hands-on time 10 min
There’s nothing better than homemade pesto and this recipe, made with anchovies and capers, is perfect with pasta or served as a dip.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 11.8g (2.7g saturated)
- 0.7g (0.2g sugars)
- a large handful of fresh basil
- a large handful of fresh flatleaf parsley
- 40g roughly chopped parmesan
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1 tbsp rinsed, drained capers
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 80ml good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- lemon juice to taste (we used ½ a lemon)
- In a mini chopper or food processor, whizz the basil, flatleaf parsley, parmesan, anchovy fillets, capers and garlic until you have a rough paste. Add the salt and extra-virgin olive oil then whizz again until combined.
- Taste, season if it needs it and add lemon juice to taste.
Homemade pesto is a smart thing to have in your fridge because of its versatility: stir it into pasta or gnocchi, use it as a topping for crostini with crumbled feta or dollop it over steak.
Keep in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for up to a month.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This quick and easy cheat’s pesto simply combines regular basil pesto with the subtle flavour...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...