Quick chicken kebabs
- August 2019
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, plus marinating
Bring the taste of the Med straight to your table with these quick Turkish-style chicken kebabs; a family-pleasing weeknight supper for four.
If you’re on the look out for more meaty kebab recipes, check out our chicken kebabs with herby gremolata.
- 16.4g (4.4g saturated)
- 5.1g (5.4 sugars)
- 100g thick greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 550g free-range skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 4 flatbreads or tortilla wraps
- ½ large cucumber, deseeded and slice into half moons
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 little gem lettuces, torn
- Pickled green chillies to serve
- Mix the yogurt, paprika, cumin and garlic in a large ceramic or glass mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Transfer a generous spoonful to another small bowl and set aside. Toss the chicken in the large bowl with the yogurt marinade, then set aside for 30 minutes or as long as you can. (You could do this the night before; cover it and leave it to marinate in the fridge.)
- Heat the grill to medium high. Put the marinated chicken thighs on a lined grill pan and grill for 8-10 minutes, then turn and grill for 5-6 minutes until cooked through and charred in places. Transfer to a board and roughly chop.
- Heat the flatbreads under the grill for 1-2 minutes, then divide the chicken, cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce equally among the wraps. Add a spoonful of cold water to the reserved bowl of yogurt mixture to thin slightly and make a dressing. Drizzle some into the wraps, then roll up and serve with the pickled green chillies on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Halloumi and roasted veg kebabs with basil spaghetti
This halloumi and roasted veg kebab recipe makes the perfect vegetarian barbecue offering.