Quick & easy vegetable curry
- January 2009
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make and 20 minutes to cook
The spicy flavours in this vegetable curry recipe will really get your tastebuds racing. It’s ready in just 30 minutes making it a perfect vegetarian midweek meal.
Love a creamy curry? Then see our vegetable curry made with coconut milk.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 16.7g (3.5g saturated)
- 29.4g (18.6g sugars)
- 3 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 2 tbsp biryani curry paste (we like Patak’s)
- 500g chopped mixed vegetables (such as cauliflower, sweet potato and green beans)
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 400ml natural yogurt
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and gently fry the ginger, garlic and chilli for a couple of minutes. Add the curry paste and cook for 1 minute, then add the mixed vegetables, tomatoes and a good splash of water. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining groundnut or vegetable oil in a pan and fry the shallots until crispy.
- Season the curry, add the yogurt and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Sprinkle the curry with the crispy shallots before serving with rice.
Jazz up some basmati rice to go with the curry by mixing in some toasted cashew nuts and juicy sultanas just before serving.
Rate & review