Red pepper pesto pasta
- February 2022
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min
Our punchy homemade pesto with hazelnuts and red pepper tastes so much better than pesto from a jar. Toss with pasta for a 15-minute meal.
Take a look through more of our homemade pesto recipes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 27.1g (4.8g saturated)
- 74.5g (4g sugars)
- 400g dried pasta (whatever shape you have handy; see Easy Swaps)
- 290g jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 60g blanched hazelnuts
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 70ml olive oil
- ½ tsp sherry vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 40g parmesan or vegetarian alternative, grated, plus extra to serve
- ½ small bunch parsley or basil
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain the pasta, reserving a cup of the starchy cooking water.
- Meanwhile, put the peppers, hazelnuts and garlic in a food processor and pulse to a chunky texture. With the motor running, slowly trickle in the olive oil. Add the vinegar, grated cheese, parsley or basil and seasoning, then pulse again until combined.
- Return the pasta to the pan, then add the pesto and a splash of the reserved water, tossing together until well coated. Divide among 4 bowls and serve with extra grated cheese.
Easy swaps: Use gluten-free pasta or a vegan alternative for the cheese to make this recipe suitable for alternative diets.
If you have a nut allergy, swap the hazelnuts for toasted breadcrumbs for extra texture.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Charred spicy pepper pesto with steak and green salad
Make your own speedy pepper pesto, then drizzle generously over seared sirloin steaks and fresh...
Gnocchi with red pepper and parsley pesto and blue cheese
This vegetarian gnocchi recipe is cheesy and nutty, with a hint of chilli. An Italian...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...