Redcurrant custard ripple
- August 2011
- Serves 4
- Takes 5 minutes to cook, plus cooling
If you’re after a quick dessert recipe, this summery chilled custard pudding with fresh redcurrants is it. Use up a punnet, or make the most of a glut you’ve grown.
- 5.6g (3.6g saturated)
- 39.4g (31.3g sugars)
- 250g fresh redcurrants
- 3 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp blackcurrant cordial, such as Ribena or Pixley Berries
- 500g fresh vanilla custard
- Shortbread biscuits to serve
- Put the redcurrants and caster sugar in a small pan, then simmer over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until tender and juicy. Stir in the cordial, then leave to cool.
- Gently fold three-quarters of the redcurrants through the custard, then spoon into serving dishes. Spoon over the remaining redcurrants, then serve with the biscuits on the side.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
If you’re a bit over making Eton Mess and pavlovas for summer garden parties, then...