Rice with raisins and pumpkin seeds
- February 2009
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
This rice with raisins and pumpkins seeds makes a lovely vegetarian side dish: the rice provides carbohydrates, the pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of zinc, while the raisins add a touch of sweetness.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 300g basmati and wild rice
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- 100g pumpkin seeds
- A drizzle of pumpkin seed oil or walnut oil
- 75g juicy raisins
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Cook the rice in a saucepan of boiling chicken or vegetable stock for 10-12 minutes, until tender, then drain.
- Heat a pan and dry-fry the pumpkin seeds for a couple of minutes to toast, then add a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil or walnut oil, the rice and raisins. Add the coriander, toss well to mix through, check the seasoning and serve.
Rate & review