Roasted asparagus wrapped in Parma ham
- July 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 12 minutes to cook
It’s a classic way to serve seasonal asparagus, and so easy.
This recipe can be served as a side, starter or for brunch alongside soft boiled eggs, like in our asparagus and pancetta recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 7.7g (1.6g saturated)
- 1.4g (1.1g sugar)
- 2 bunches of asparagus (about 24 spears), woody ends removed
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 8 slices Parma ham
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Cook the asparagus spears in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water, then drain again. Set aside.
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush the mint with the olive oil and lemon zest. Add to the asparagus and stir gently to coat.
- Make bundles of 3 spears and wrap each in a Parma ham slice. Place in a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the ham is crisp.
If using a barbecue, place the asparagus bundles in a barbecue sandwich rack and cook until tender, turning halfway through.
Rate & review