Roasted asparagus wrapped in Parma ham
- July 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 10 minutes to make, 12 minutes to cook
It’s a classic way to serve seasonal asparagus, and so easy.
This recipe can be served as a side, starter or for brunch alongside soft boiled eggs, like in our asparagus and pancetta recipe.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 7.7g (1.6g saturated)
- 1.4g (1.1g sugar)
- 2 bunches of asparagus (about 24 spears), woody ends removed
- Small handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 8 slices Parma ham
- Preheat the oven to 200C/fan180C/gas 6. Cook the asparagus spears in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water, then drain again. Set aside.
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush the mint with the olive oil and lemon zest. Add to the asparagus and stir gently to coat.
- Make bundles of 3 spears and wrap each in a Parma ham slice. Place in a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until the ham is crisp.
If using a barbecue, place the asparagus bundles in a barbecue sandwich rack and cook until tender, turning halfway through.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...